Saturday, January 22, 2011

Videozoography, Garden Basic Training, ThunderPuppets

Max takes a bath.

During winter of 2009-2010 when we moved the entire rooftop garden from 220 Golden Gate to asphalt yard at 387 Golden Gate the garden's guardian, Max, the Anna's Hummingbird, sat on the highest point, the largest pine tree, to watch. When I walked the site to make sure it was clear, Max's pine tree was moved so he sat on a high pole making a sound I've never heard a bird make that I could only describe as sobbing. How could I tell him his tree was only a few hundred feet away? [ I'd purposely located it as close as possible NE corner of the new site].

Not long after I was working with the old plants in the new garden and he flew right up to the air in front of my face, hung there for a moment and then went to forage among the coyote bush and day lillies. Another afternoon I took refuge from the rain under the partially finished greenhouse and was recording video, primarily for the sound, when Max showed up. Its a poor record of a beautiful moment.

I also posted first garden training video on watering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuE_6yozpw0
that I hope will solve an ongoing social problem.

And a short documentary about the formation of the ThunderPuppets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqy0hP7KIFw
which at least gives other participants a chance to talk about their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment